LED solar street lights

Looking for inexpensive, but bright and long lasting LED solar powered street lights!

Any recommendations?

EBAY solar led street light | eBay
Home Depot https://thd.co/2QxR5rc

Its been my experience with solar that you cant have bright and in-expensive also. No sun, no lights that night. F R likes them, I dont.

Agreed, when I looked this up a few years ago the lumens produced by the solar lights just didn’t compare to wired street lights. Maybe/hopefully the tech has improved

Frank used to recommend these, dunno if he still does or not:

I know. 300 Lumens is NOT bright!

https://greenlightdepot.com/collections/solar-led-lights/products/40w-solar-led-light?variant=7173730500

Hi Jay-E,

300 lumens is pretty bright for a post light, but your needs may vary. This article on HomeDepot.com (https://www.homedepot.com/c/ab/how-many-lumens-needed-for-outdoor-lighting/9ba683603be9fa5395fab90170e343cd) describes the most commonly recommended lumen output for outdoor lights:

Below is a list of recommended LED lumens for specific outdoor lighting:

Step lights: 12-100 lumens
Hardscape lights (on walls): 50-185 lumens
Landscape lights: 50-300 lumens 
Path lights: 100-200 lumens
Landscape spotlights: 120 lumens
Lamp posts: 120-180 lumens
Pond/pool lights: 200-400 lumens
Motion sensor lights: 300-700 lumens
Floodlights: 700-1300 lumens

Pedestrian path lights and lamp posts are generally recommended to fall between 100 and 180 lumens of light.

If 300 lumens isn’t bright enough for your needs, but you still want to use Gama Sonic solar lights, you may want to look into other models. Depending on the unit, our lights vary in brightness from less than 100 lumens to more than 1000 lumens.

Many of our lights can also be posted as single or triple mounted lamps, which can increase the brightness and beam spread while sticking with the same style or model that you prefer.

If you have any questions about this, Matt Cohen (matt@gamasonic.com) is always available to help.

• MJ from Gama Sonic

SG Communities has developed a solar street lighting solution that has worked well for us at a number of our communities. We’re using a Tenkoo T-Series Plus 80W solar fixture with a dim and bright mode (motion sensor) with a three year warranty. Our maintenance staff have been installing them on a custom-designed pole - 3" galvanized steel at 17-21’ height - for about $1,000 / light (including fixture and labor) installed. They’ve been well-received at the communities we’ve installed them in to-date; they look good and work well. We’ve compiled an installation manual that we’re happy to share - just email me at fletcher@saratogagroup.com if you’re interested!

3 Likes

The lights are too bright!!! Please, people need darkness to sleep and those LED lights shine right into my windows, you need to light up the roadway not my home inside. Thank you!

I looked into these for my park in NE Ohio and they won’t work this far north. Bright and lasting all night are mutually exclusive. Forget about inexpensive. Maybe these would work in the South or Southwest, but it is a waste of time in other areas with cloudy winters.

Our home is on a busy street corner and the town is saving money by having every other street light turned off. I installed the PSG light to shine on the driveway side yard and the street. It is so super bright and perfect for the area. I have 4 of these now, that I have purchased over the past 6 months. I have mine set on auto to run all night, and the battery only goes down from 100 to about 60-70. So I guess it has enough juice to run for more than 2 nights.

1 Like

hi friend,i am carrie from China,we are the manufacturer of LED SOLAR lights including kinds of street lights.
The price is very affordable.
If you are interested in cooperation,pls contact me.
Mobile/Wechat: +8613670030649
Whatsapp: +8613427005563
Email: manager@win-winlighting.com

Can you post a photo? I am looking for solar lights.

The link is no longer working but with the lights you use, are you able to mount on any pole? (I didn’t see an option to purchase on their site)

We bought our poles and installed them ourselves.

If you search their site, they have a few other options for Solar lights.

1 Like

Your can select led solar street light: Solar Street Light - Casyoo

SDGuy,

Can you send pics and feedback on Solar lights? I’m going towards Solar if the lighting is sufficient enough for the park. Any help is appreciated.

Yes, I’ll post after Easter.

Thank you. I’m curious to see if Solar is an option for our park.

Commercial Grade Pedestrian Solar Street Lighting installed in over 400 communities all over the country: Ranging from 300 lumens to 1200 lumens:

I am happy to email you complete specs, special pricing and details:
Matt Cohen
727-688-5030
matt@gamasonic.com

https://us3.campaign-archive.com/?u=5285c5d74b4c27c0ad0203e2c&id=c64a941187