@Charlie.Ansa , as per your post:
- “…In the past I have started and sold 2 software companies and I am considering creating a software management system specifically for the MHP Operator…”
First of all Congratulations on starting and selling 2 software companies! That is awesome!
Two of my previous jobs was being a “Quality Assurance Analyst” (ie…finding bugs in computer software) for two publicly traded Computer Software Companies.
I agree with @tmperrault breakdown of Users and their needs:
- “…What’s the target market?..”
- “…guys with less than 200 lots will easily management their park(s) using excel and maybe accounting software…”
- “…Guys with 200 to 1000 lots will need some sort of queue based workflow mgmt to process applications, manage evictions, track background checks, etc, etc…”
- “…Then Frank and Dave level guys will have all those needs and tons of reporting requirements…”
My Husband and I use Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. We have 2 MHPs and fall under the “less than 200 lots” User Group.
Personally, I like to keep “My Data” on “My Computer”.
I do not want my Data to be held “hostage” per say on a cloud based server, so when I no longer care for the “Professional Software” I will either have to “Export” my Data or “Lose” my Data.
All Computer Software has “Bugs” / “Issues” as it is made my Humans and we are all imperfect.
Sometimes when one “Bug” is fixed it causes other “Bugs”.
Will you have the resources to not only create this Computer Software, but to also maintain this Computer Software?
One of the publicly Traded Computer Software Companies that I worked for still does not turn a profit (after approximately 18 years).
Since you have started and sold 2 Computer Software Companies, you obviously have knowledge and skills in this area.
We wish you the very best!