Who is responsible for plumbing leaks near home (on RUBS)?

There is a leak on the line between the main line and the tenants home. Is this our responsibility or theirs? Nothing in the lease about line issues other than if they are clogged by a tenant.

Just read another thread that says:

“Most park owners’ responsibility for ‘pipes’ ends where the home connects to the water supply. So if that pipe froze, it would be the tenant’s responsibility. Your tenant should be responsible for fixing the broken pipe and the water. If I was you I would require that they wrap the new pipe with heat tape and that they keep it plugged in during the cold months.”

But wondering if this is really standard and what we can do if the tenant disagrees with that.

1 Like

Without a meter present, the park’s responsibility ends at the Exit side of the Shutoff.

That being said, many folks cannot afford a plumber to fix the problem. You will be best served just to fix the leak and call it a day. Then when you do your Rubs next month just add the cost to fix the pipe to everyone’s bill (check if that’s legal in your state). I think it’s reasonable to pass that expense through as the expense of all the wasted water would have been higher.

2 Likes

Very helpful! Thanks!!