Which license do I need?

Hi Everyone,

I am running into an issue in the state of TX. The finance companies have been telling me that I need a license to buy directly from them.

Is this the retailer license required to buy and sell properties? I just want to make sure.

I don’t think I need the broker license as I am not looking to sell properties for them. Is this right? Or, do I need the broker license too?

Thanks for your help!



Do a search of this site as I asked the exact same question. My property in TX fell through so I no longer have that info but I am pretty much positive you will have to get a license to do Lonnie deals in TX. Not too much required if I remember right. You sit in a class in Austin for a couple of days, take a test and pay a fee.