Welcome EriK Hanson

Just wanted to give a big MHU welcome to our latest moderator: Erik Hanson. Erik is an appraiser, and that’s something we’ve never had on the moderator list before. He’ll be able to answer your questions on valuations and such, and that’s a hot topic for every park owner. On top of that, he lives in Wisconsin, which is one of our favorite mobile home park states.

So please welcome Erik to the forum! And Erik, feel free to send everyone some of that delicious Wisconsin cheese.

Thanks for the welcome! I am very excited to be a part of this forum. Feel free to ask any questions about appraisals or valuation. I appraise a lot of property types besides mobile home parks.

I have seen a lot of things, good and bad, and I’m happy to share my experiences. I recently had a good conversation with a park owner who saw my name on the forum and gave me a call. He wanted to know about stabilized occupancies and also parks in Wisconsin.

The appraisal can be a very good tool for the owner or buyer. It can be used for negotiations, market data such as competing rentals and vacancies, and can give you a good idea of where expenses are typically at.

And yes, our cheese is good, and our beer is better!

Erik,

Welcome aboard - we have appreciated all the appraisals you have done for us in a professional manner and on a timely basis.

Dave