Trying to get rid of Ants!

Can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of ant? We have ants going to every single unit in our park and I was hoping to get some good advise on how to get rid of them without harming animals, kids ect. I read about using Borax but hoping to get your experience. Thanks!

Hi,

Dealing with ants can be challenging, especially when trying to keep pets and children safe. Here are a few safe and effective methods:

1. Vinegar and Water Solution: Mix equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle and spray it around entry points and ant trails.
  2. Lemon Juice: Spray pure lemon juice or a lemon juice and water mixture around areas where ants are entering.
  3. Diatomaceous Earth: Food-grade diatomaceous earth is safe for pets and kids. Sprinkle it around entry points and ant trails.
  4. Borax and Sugar: Mix 1 part Borax with 3 parts sugar and place it in small, shallow containers. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
  5. Peppermint Oil: Ants dislike the smell. Mix a few drops with water and spray around entry points.

These methods should help keep ants at bay without harming your loved ones.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you! I think I will try Diatomaceous earth on one side of the property and Borax and sugar on the other and see which one works best. Thanks again!

1 Like