Texas non-renewal of lease

Hi All,
I have some tenants which need to go for plenty of reasons. I think I remember in the bootcamp that the easiest way to go is just to non-renew (terminate) their lease, and not state a reason. Is this bullet proof in court? Or, maybe the better question is, in court do you just say ‘I’m not stating a reason, I’m just not renewing their lease.’ The state this is in is Texas.
Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Take a look at your state landlord tenant regulations. They will define the process for both renewing and non renewing a lease. If you are not comfortable with that you should contact a texas lawyer that has experience representing landlords.

Advice from other landlords may be anecdotal at best and therefor not completly reliable in every situation.

I asked TMHA about it, their response was:

At the end of the term of a lease with the appropriate notice of non-renewal, not reasoning is needed. You simply have decided to no longer lease to the person at the end of the lease term.

In court you can just say that you have decided to not renew the lease. You legally should not have to say anything else. If you run into a JP judge that presses you, I’d probably at first try to stick to just that explanation. Perhaps if you have to simply say that as the landlord you fulfilled your obligations under the terms of the lease contract, that term has ended and you do not wish to renew.