Southern US Moving Costs

I’m curious if others in SE are seeing exurban costs to mobile homes. In N. Florida the prices are stupid. I own a 26 unit park and in updating the park I spent 4 weeks finding one. Of the 5 movers in the area who would even call back. He gave me a price of $8700 EACH to move 54’
‘ and 64’ (1980’s ) single wides 500 feet - within my own park. So based on my other park experience - the cost (6 bids) to demo a single wide was $5500 -$8900.

I’m readying and hearing $2000 - $4000 to move and set up homes. The only bid I could get (after 2 months - 4 movers) for a double wide - 1999 - moved 13 miles was ……$21,800. Just stupid. Of course, we did nothing.

Seems insane….I’m going to end up setting up a MH moving company at these prices.

Any ideas or thoughts?

We are in Northern Mississippi, we just paid $5000 to move 16x80

1 Like

The cost of moving in the Southern United States can vary based on several factors, including the distance of the move, the volume of items being transported, additional services required, and the specific moving company chosen. To provide you with a more accurate estimate, it’s recommended to request quotes from moving companies directly, as they can take these factors into account.

On average, local moves within the same state might cost anywhere from a few hundred to a couple of thousand dollars, depending on the size of your home and the services needed. For long-distance moves, especially if you’re moving across state lines, costs can range from a few thousand to several thousand dollars.

Factors influencing moving costs in the Southern US:

1. Distance: Longer distances generally result in higher moving costs.
2. Home Size: The larger your home, the more items there are to move, and this can impact the overall cost.
3. Additional Services: If you require additional services such as packing, unpacking, storage, or special handling for valuable items, these can add to the total cost.
4. Timing: Moving during peak seasons or weekends might be more expensive than moving during off-peak times.
5. Company Reputation: Established and reputable moving companies may charge higher rates for their services.

It’s advisable to obtain quotes from multiple moving companies and be sure to discuss all the details of your move to get accurate estimates. Additionally, inquire about any potential extra fees or charges that may apply.

I’m in South Mississippi and have been paying around 3,200 for a 16X80.