Roof Sealant

Hello. Can anyone recommend some roof sealant? Is there a particular brand I should be looking for? I’m in the Houston area. I’ve never applied it before, but I think I can do it myself. Does anyone have experience with this? I just need to learn the ways to seal any roof leaks. Thank you so much.

This question was first asked over 16 years ago – since this forum is my go-to place for answers, I’ll start here, plus times and products change.

We’ve (finally, sigh) bought our first park with some fairly old houses needing TLC.

Does anybody have first-hand recommendations of a good cost-effective roof sealant product ? and where to buy it? or tips for applying it efficiently and well?

Perhaps somebody besides crickets will answer this time 'round :wink:

Pick the one that suits your budget. I use the most expensive/best one so I don’t get any callback. It should last a solid 10 years. The cheaper ones don’t last as long. I tell my customers they should re-seal their roofs ANNUALLY (CYA).

We apply this to all homes with metal roofs. We use a ladder and lean the ladder up on one side of the roof. We roll it on as far as we can reach. After we do one side, we move to the other side.
You will need a ladder, a bucket of Sealant, a paint roller, and a paint roller extension.

Do not walk on the metal roofs. Yes, you technical can, but don’t. If you have to get up there, use 2 pieces of plywood to distribute your weight and stick to the rafters.

Those are all great answers.

We buy all of our sealant from Purchasing Platform – it’s the Amazon of mobile home parts.

Thank you for your responses.
Purchasing Platform looks like it could be very helpful.
Shopping is a time-consuming repetitive task around here.
Home Depot and Lowes are about an hour away from us.
Would you recommend using it if we have just this one park?