Ripoff/scam movers

The increase of fraudulent moving companies is crazy to me. They are everywhere! My logistics team keeps running into this and fortunately we verify insurance so it helps us catch them. Here recently I decided to use Midway Logistics for a short 10 mile move. Checked out credentials and they seemed ok. Not a lot of experience with mobile homes but I was assured by the owner and manager that everything would be handled and not to worry. The date of delivery I was told that it was on the truck moving to the new location. When I called to verify that evening they said no problems. Then found out it wan not delivered. Reached out the next day and was told the driver needed a “tool” and it would be that day. It was not! I needed it delivered by the 30th. This job was paid in advance and never got delivered and now they said we will not be refunded yet they admitted it was their fault… I have the emails and text proving it!! Just want to warn everyone about them. Maybe if we all stay in communication about this we can together start shutting these ripoff/scammers down! Stay away from MIDWAY LOGISTICS based out of Wichita KS

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear this happened to you…

Having to pay in advance is the biggest red flag. I only pay after delivery and setup is complete, inspected to my satisfaction. If they gave you proof of insurance before the job started you should file a claim.

In Texas there are licensed movers, and I use that registry as my starting point for finding a new mover.