Retired tenant dies

My new neighbor, here where I last month moved my Fleetwood home and where I now live, on the corner of my park, who had downsized here to Dundee Village, died this weekend after surgery. He did everything right when he moved in. He chose the best lot, got the best spot for his dish TV, installed the latest method of tie downs, built a porch on front, and settled in, with two vehicles. Many people that I know, that knew I owned the park, commented over the last year how lucky I was to get him to infill. He bought him a good used 16 x 80 late model home, prolly ten years old, maybe 12, I approved it immediately when I saw it at the dealer’s lot, as it was rehabbed and sale ready. It’s a great home in any park, especially my little turnaround village here in Dundee.

I’m so sorry this man’s plan worked like a wise man’s charm. This is what he worked toward for the last two years, to downsize, sell out his career home south of town, retire to the park and live a simple life and get treatment for his poor health conditions, and get his affairs in order. That’s the main reason I moved here to this little park in my old hometown. To get my affairs in order for the children to takeover. This month is the first month that the homeowners with a ground lease deposit into the bank directly, and it’s going great. the victim of death himself paid his there, just as I’d suggested on a card I gave him with the account number. He paid his rent three days early. I am so glad, that the week before I relocated to the lot I developed here at Dundee Village, I ran into Mr. Smith, and bought his breakfast as we checked out, and I thanked him for increasing the value of our properties with this move in, and the way he kept his place. Now he’s dead, gone, mission accomplished for him, and well done. His baby son told me yesterday that their older brother was left the home, but he didn’t want to move here, or relocate, and it was for sale. Guess I better go to work. As Bear Bryant liked to say sometimes in the fourth quarter, Sudden Change!!!

May God, if there is a God, rest the soul of this neighbor. Amen