Recommended digital water meter companies

Hello!

What water meter company do you all recommend to go with for digital sub-meters for water/sewer?

Thank you,
Gulliver

1 Like

Try ABT water management.

@GabeABT

1 Like

Eric, have you had a good experience with them and their water meters?

The one from Europe that Frank mentioned in a podcast. $100. Metron-Farnier.

Have you had good experience with them, MHP_investor?

Eric, have you had a great experience with them so far?

ABT gave me some pretty expensive quotes. I’m not saying don’t use them, but I would shop around.

Dominic, which one did you end up going with?

I’m going with Southern Water Management. They carry a different brand of RF meters which cost quite a bit less. After all the numbers were crunched it was about a $4,000 difference between the two companies. But again, I would suggest shopping around.

Is thay $4000 total for all your lots, and including installation?

@Gulliver

No the total deal is not $4,000. The difference between the quotes was $4,000 for approximately the same work.

Oh I’m sorry. I was reading too fast. What did you pay per water meter with installation included? And what features do they include? I’m looking for digital smart water meters and the company handles the billing directly with the tenants.

Erik,
Have you used ABT before? If so, did you have a great experience?

I have bought from ABT before and have also bought from a company in Elgin IL called Water Resources. David Roller is the person who I use over there. They can be reached at 847.742.3400 and have been ordering from them. Water Resources was more competitive than ABT on at least the setup I was ordering for. ABT will have a service component package but not sure if Water Resources does that, i think its just the goods but probably worth a call if you are checking multiple places. In all fairness, Gabe has been really knowledgable at ABT and my purchase from them was a good experience as well.

1 Like

Spoke with Gabe at ABT and has been very knowledgeable and prompt. Thanks for sharing your experience!

@Gulliver

Sorry for the late response, I didn’t see this one. I was quoted around $140 per meter, but they recommended that I have someone local do the installs to save on cost. They also handle the monitoring/billing side of the service.

That’s an awesome deal! Is this only for southern states? Do they do work in Indiana? And you got digital smart meters, right? Those are the ones that detects leaks, reports them to you, and Auto reads the usage and the company bills the tenant.

1 Like

I’d reach out to them for those details.