Post purchase insurance inspection

I just had a call informing me that I will be having a post purchase insurance inspection next week and was just wondering what to expect since I’m just starting the process of new park rules and clean up?

Thanks,

Ken

After speaking with the inspector, it sounds pretty standard and they just want to see a plan of action to make the improvements, enforce new rules, and manage liability.

They may also be looking for items that need remedy and if deem it , would provide a list of things they see as hazards that need addressing.

How was your inspection. Did they come with a checklist. Were there returning from a previous inspection.
Will be interesting to know, since I have never had an insurance inspector visit , or at least let me know.

Hi Brian,

The insurance rep walked through the park with a tenant who mows for me and apparently it was pretty painless.

I am waiting for a call back to finish answering some of his questions. I did call the insurance rep to touch base with him and he seemed comfortable with what he saw.

He did seem to appreciate, as we all do, a quick response time to his initial call. It sounds like some folks make scheduling this appointment a little more difficult.

Ken

Ken did he provide you with a written report, How is your park, Welcome to the group. This is the place to go if you want to get a bunch of intelligent answers and suggestions when problems arise

Most of our park specialty insurance companies will inspect a park after they write the policy. They are verifying the park is what they expected it to be and also looking for any hazardous conditions or business practices that should be rectified. Most insurance company inspectors do a valuable job helping you reduce your risk. Things like steps without handrails, potholes in the roads, crumbling sidewalks will be pointed out.

In the event you think your insurance inspector has requested changes that are either quite expensive or difficult, the best answer is to let them know you’ll budget for the change and plan to have it done in the future. Your insurance agent should be able to help walk you through a proper response.

If you’d like to do your own inspection, you can start with our “Manufactured Home Community Safety Self-Inspection Report” located at http://mobileagency.com/index.php/insurance-loss-control/
It’s a good idea to regular assess your own risk. The general rule is that a dollar spend avoiding a problem, save $10 in the future. Dave and Frank’s managers do a good job of this.