Post Mobile Homes to MLS?

We are struggling a bit to sell off renovated used homes in our park, and having a higher volume of leads would help us out a lot.

Does anyone have any experience with putting homes on the MLS? Did you do it as a FSBO? Did you hire a realtor to post them for you? It seems that so many folks use the MLS and I do see some mobile homes being listed as single family homes in order to get more traffic. Curious if anyone has experience with this.

Thanks

My realtor puts my spec homes on MLS. It helps tremendously with visibility to would-be buyers. Also it really helps establish comps in your park.

2 Likes

We sell all ours on MLS with a realtor and encourage our residents to use one too. Keeps the tire kickers out of my inbox and it brings a more professional feel to the park.

2 Likes

Thanks guys - what is your arrangement with the realtor? Flat fee? Commission? Do you close at a title company? Anything else you think I should know about that process?

Mine have all been one off type sales so we just do 6% commission. I did have a cheaper home at $40k or so and I paid an 8% commission to make it worthwhile for the Realtor. Money well spent— they do the pictures, market it everywhere, do showings and pre-screen tenants

I pay 6% commission to the realtor. The buyer hires a closing attorney to facilitate the closing.

I can’t stand tire kickers lol

1 Like

For Commission, I have done both Flat fee and % of Sale.

For the small deals (10-30K) I’ll offer a $3K commission. With the promise that I will also use the same person for the bigger deals.
One of my guys is GREAT. He will even walk away from a commission if the deal doesn’t make sense for him to be involved. IE I had an offer for a house for $3K. He stepped aside. So when I had a house for $100K he 100% got the listing.

Find someone willing to work with you. You take care of them and they will take care of you.

2 Likes

Thank all - We tried to get several agents in Texas to do it; But none agreed because the MLS is so strict apparently that you MUST list a home that has real property as well (land).

We switched over to Google Ads and actually got a good result.