Pet Policy - Looking for feedback or best practice

My park is all TOH and curious what others have as their pet policy? Park currently has a vague pet policy under their Park Rules. No mention of breed, size, or how many pets. I would like to tighten this up but wanted to know what others have.

Thank you

PET ADDENDUM - PET RULE

Resident’s Name: Unit #: Date:

Per the Community Rules and Regulations, only one (1) pet is permitted only under the following conditions:

1. You must have prior written approval from management.

2. Pets are not allowed to run at large or create a nuisance in the Community.

3. No more than one (1) pet per home.

4. Large dogs or other large animals are not permitted in the Community. Small house dogs are permitted, but are not to exceed 14” at shoulder height.

5. No “Dangerous Dog”, “Vicious Dog”, or breeds of dangerous or vicious dogs such as pit bulls, chows, rottweilers, wolf breeds, or german shepard’s, etc. are allowed within the Community. Check with the Community Manager for approval prior to acquiring a new pet.

6. Any animals that has attacked or bitten a person must be removed from the premises immediately and is not allowed to return to the home nor Community under any circumstances.

7. The pet is to be kept inside the home. Outside the home, all pets, including cat, must be on a hand leash with the owner/family member present at all times. Pets may not be temporarily or otherwise left unattended. The handler must immediately clean up and thoroughly remove all wastes deposits.

8. No outside dog houses or animal’s pens or fences of any kind are allowed.

9. Residents are responsible for all damages caused by their pets.

10. No exotic animals of any type are allowed in the Community.

11. Any resident owning a dog or cat must submit proof to the Community Office of veterinary inoculations including the date the rabies vaccination was administered. Resident must comply with all State and/or local pet license laws or rules.

12. The Resident will provide a description of the pet(s) along with the type, size and color of the pet(s). The Resident will also provide photos of each pet.

13. After the date of the initial written approval, if the resident violates any of the above or any other Community Rules or fails to make timely payments to the Community, no new pets shall be permitted.

DESCRIPTION OF PET:

TYPE: SIZE & COLOR:

PHOTO PROVIDED: YES/NO LICENSE #:

In the event of a violation of any of the above, a first notice of violations will be given to the Resident. In the event of second violation or in the event of a firs violation of item 5 or 6, the Resident will receive a notice to remove the pet from the premises immediately. Failure to remove the pet will be grounds for eviction.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT RECEIPT OF GUIDELINES AND SIGNATURE OF STATEMENT OF RESPSONSIBILITY FOR MY GUESTS AND THEIR ACTIONS.

I, , (Please Print Names) do hereby acknowledge receipt of Pet Rules and Regulations for which I have read and understand to the best of my ability. If there are any questions, I am encouraged to discuss them with my On Site Community Manager. Upon signing this acknowledgement, I understand that I am also stating my guests and I will comply with the Guidelines and Rules for the sake of betterment and maintaining of Our Community.

Resident Signature						Date

Other Resident, if applicable					Date

Managers Signature						Date
1 Like