Partners Needed

I live on a lakeview lot of a park that I was the listing real estate agent in 2004 for the sale of same to an investor in California. I was offered an equity position after the investor bought it, and because of the amount of time I would have to give up to help her manage the park, and turn it around, I turned down the offer. I did however, help her by buying the best unit in the park to help her recover some cash she had to come up with the purchase. I bought a 2000 Fleetwood, 2 bath, 2 bedroom, with a three thousand porch and deck and ramp built in 2002, unit was like new, for 7600 dollars. I have since sold out my holdings in Samson, Alabama, and am now living in the unit at the park, about fifty yards from the lake. It’s a great 40 acre park with paved roads (done by the new owner) done in early 2005.

The investor buyer has sold the park to a new owner. The new owner has a manager that is failing miserably, and they are discouraged and want me to take the park over like the original buyer did. I’m still not interested if I’m not in on the equity increase. I’m not looking for a park manager’s job. lol

However, I would be agreeable to a two year committment to take over this park and follow the original concept which brought in the buyer from California so well. And that is to have an east and west park divided by the ten acre lake. The property has six subdivision lots on the west side that could be land/home packages sold to buyers on long term financing.

The remaining 55 mh lots would be a plus fifty five park concept, targeting the growing market for retired folks from Florida and the north, and the land could be sold to the buyers over a 15 year period, with a resulting home owner’s association rule’n the park in the end.

The east side would become a turn around mobile home community. The way the new owner was doing things caused many land lease clients to leave. There are only 26 residents here on the whole 40 acre park now, and no new ones have come in other than one from a dealership closeby.

The office building is also a live’n unit, stick built, block and wood. There is also a red metal building that was a washer/dryer area, now used as storage. I was fortunate enough to have direct contact with Earnest Tew before his illness, and he helped me understand what position I would need to profit from a purchase of this property. This is a million dollar park for sure, I’ve always known that, but it has to be done right, and half of the land needs to be sold on the west side I believe to make it work right.

I would be willing to head up the concept and manage the property and sales sites online for the marketing of the west side, and the filling of the east side community over a period of two years. I would provide my time, and my experience and responsibility for a 15 percent equity share. I’m sure the new owner would sell for 600,000 dollars. Listen investors, there are no living lots in the south (living lots=city services of water, sewer, and garbage and police, electricity service, and land ownership for less than nine thousand dollars) Do the math on the west side alone, six subdivision lots, and no less than 50 MH land lease/sale lots. The west side would pay for the east side, of 54 lots almost.

Anyone interested please let me know. I am trying to find some local investors, but, they just aren’t wise to MH park potentional and think of trailer parks as “trailer trash”. I don’t feel like dealing with those not in the know on how much of a gold mine a mobile home park turned around can be. Their frame of reference is limited and prejudice really.

Thanks for reading me. Good luck to all those working this gig. This park is in a sleepy little village of 7500 folks in south east Alabama. br5

No Rush!!! grin We have until June 08. grin