Owns Mobile Home but, won't pay lot rent

Good Evening,
I am the new property manager for a mobile home park in Prattville, Alabama. I am from Destin, Florida and mobile homes are a lot different than condos.
My question is this; I have 3 residents (all mobile homes are owned) that are thousands of dollars behind in their lot rent. What, if, anything can be done in this type of situation? If anyone has had this problem in the past, please tell me where I go from here. Looking at $11K
Thank you
Kimberly

Eviction from park. Onus on him to move the home which is personal property. If you really want back rent you’ll have to take him to court and get a judgement.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

1 Like

I own a park in AL and we had a TOH eviction. The sheriff came in with a mover, removed the owner from the home then moved the home out of the park and to an impound lot. I’m not sure if this was a county or state requirement. What county are you in? PM me if you want to discuss further.

Just contact a lawyer to start the eviction process.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks for the information.
We are in Autauga County which is about 45 minutes from Birmingham.
Thanks again.

Kim

We pay a local towing company couple hundred dollars to go out to the home take some measurements, look under the home to see if the axles. tires and tongue are there. We do it when the owner of the home is there. When he asks what is going on the towing company says they are in process bidding to move the home out of the lot. Probably not legal, kinda fun and works every time.

2 Likes

Probably not legal, kinda fun and works every time.

Very creative idea, nothing better than a little bit of intimidation to motivate results. Combined with a eviction notice tenant should be taking the community owner very seriously.