MOM

I too find it wholly ironic that people are offended when they hear others credit their faith as a sustaining motivator and contributor to their business success. It’s fine to not believe or understand why a person attributes so much of their success to a faith - but get offended?

Why?

I’m not offended if you were to tell me that you success in life was due to NOT having a faith and it was completely on your own will power and hard work. In fact, this is a strong message from the media and society today that Christians deal with on a daily basis. We are asked to listen to viewpoints that counter our own core beliefs and respect the presenter.

Cannot you do the same?

I understand not wanting to have the Bible shoved down your throat and apologize on behalf of any Christians if you’ve experienced this in the past. It is unfortunately true that Christians are often the most damaging spokesmen for their own faith which turns off a large number of people. As a Christian, I wouldn’t want to signup for the “MOM conversion seminar” either. :slight_smile:

But, I would like to hear about what has helped attribute to Greg Meade (and others’) success. This is a hard business. This is hard people business. It is not easy. We all hit the wall. You have to STICK WITH IT (see Lonnie’s message which Greg reposted last month) and I for one want to know what keeps Greg and the other pros here going. If it was their faith, and even if I was a non-Christian, I would still want to at least hear them share HOW their faith was a sustaining force. I don’t want them to convert me necessarily, just share HOW their faith played a major role.

Then I can make my own decision. I don’t have to believe any of it - much like the majority of garbage on TV nowadays.

Rolf, I respect your viewpoints and am not directing this post entirely at you (more to the masses). Whether you believe in God or not, we are all in this together and I want to learn as much as I can from everyone here. Some of it I use, some of it I don’t. At the very least, it helps to understand all the tools that can fit on the belt.

Best of luck and I hope to see you at the MOM.

Jered

a.k.a. MobileHomeJoe

MHJ,

I am not offended in any way by your comments nor is there a need for an apology on behalf of a minority of your brethren. All posts here have been civil and actually kind of interesting. It’s amazing that on an Internet forum people can disagree with each on something as significant as their core beliefs and not flame each other. Truly an amazing community.

You and everyone else who disagrees with me must remember that there are many readers of the forum who will not post on any subject and are probably too intimidated anyway to respond to this thread. I will say what I think and I can state that I speak for several of my friends. I am trying to interest people who have too much money and nowhere to put it that this is a good business in which to be and they should attend some industry functions. The last thing they want to do is travel thousands of miles to get involved in any way shape or form with evangelical Christianity. Sorry to say but that’s just the way it is and you know it. I would also bet my life that there are more than a few other readers of this thread who feel the same as I and my friends.

I would like to hear about what keeps people going in this business because you are so absolutely correct in it being hard. Greg’s idea to have a meeting on Sunday morning is an excellent one as it allows people to share with each other in an appropriate venue and neither elevates nor denigrates anyone’s beliefs. In fact, if Greg and the rest of you promise not to bar me at the door or tear me limb from limb, I may even attend just to find out what all the fuss is about. (Intellectual curiosity is such a demanding and never satisfied taskmaster.) Perhaps people could also share non-spiritual things they have done to keep their focus and sanity. That is something I have never heard expressed before and just one or two good ideas would be worth the trip.

I wouldn’t miss this MOM, nor hopefully any others, for anything in the world.

Rolf

Rolf,

It seems that we know about where you are coming from.

That is a good thing.

We have all been exposed to those who pretend to be something that they are not, that is they talk the talk, but don’t or won’t walk the walk.

I think that you will enjoy the Sunday meeting, particularly because of your mindset of let’s see. Instead of it being forced on you, as you have said.

As for you friends, you may also have some who would be disappointed if there is no spiritual element to the program.

If we all thought alike we would be very, very bored.

In my experience, sometimes Christians, are Christendom’s worst enemy.

As an intellectual, and a person, you have much to share with others, one sign of a great man is an open mind.