MOM in Ft Wayne?

Was kibbitzing around a bit, thought about hosting MOM in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, within 30 minutes of two of our little 25-unit parks, right around September. Object would be to break even on meeting room and vans/bus. Is anyone interested or am I on crack, “both” is not an acceptable answer! Some guidance from prior hosts would be appreciated, as well as potential speakers.

Hey John,

I am about 20 minutes north of Fort Wayne.

I would come for sure.

I imagine I would be able to help in some way.

I would also be open to sharing my 4 park operations which range from 30-50 minutes north of Fort Wayne, if there is interest in that.

Briton (IN)

Sounds good, if this thing takes off, we can work together on it.

John Hyre

John,

If you have it there, I’d be cool with it. I can bundle with my trip down to my park. Love to see your parks.

Cheers,

Howard

John,

I would love to attend something like this. Anything that gets me out of Ohio is a good thing.

Rolf

Wheat Hill

John,

I would be interested in helping in any way I can. We have parks in Illinois, so we would be too far for visiting, however I could help in contributing time and money to have a midwest MOM. Let's set up a meeting to look at this!

Dan Dawson

I’m in. I’d also like to speak. I’ve been working on my ‘Top 10 Mistakes I Made As A New MHP Owner’ presentation…

-jl-

I know Ernest would be very happy with the sharing of experiences, strengths, hopes, wisdom in the mobile investing business.

I would love to see a dozen meetings around the country every year.

I ALWAYS got more out of EVERY meeting than I ever contributed EVERY time.

Regards,

Greg

I have never visited the MH/RV Hall of Fame in Elkhart so I don’t know if it is worthwhile, it is located less than 100 miles fron Ft.Wayne and has conference rooms.

We would make every effort to attend. After all it’s only 7 hours away. We drove 17 hours to Al. for our last one. I told Greg at that one I would like to have one in NY. But have not set a date yet. Now that we have 2 parks to show. Maybe we can make it happen this year.

Don

To prior sponsors of MOM events - how many attendees ought we plan on? I hear tell @ 50 - 60 is about right.

Briton, I appreciate the offer to open up parks and will likley take you up on it. Howard & Jae, it will be good to see you again. Jefferson, consider it booked. Shawn, I’ll look into it - it is a bit of a haul, so it may be a “day before” type of activity. Dan, I will include you in planning emails, offer appreciated. All others - responses & interest appreciated.

If possible, I’d like to get a feel for logistics of prior MOM’s - I assume meeting room and buses/vans are the primary expense. I’d also like to see agendas for amount of time dedicated to networking, talks, etc. I will come up with a September date in the near future, once I have a better grasp of logistics & have a chance to talk to hotels.

John I am available to help in anyway also (including speaking about occupancy trends in this economy). I will eventually host an event at my community in Burlington NC. A different part of the country for the event sounds great. FT Wayne here we come

Rick Ewens

John, you can count on Alexander and me. We are also prepared to be of assistance in any way we can. Some suggestions and/or requests:

Bernd,

Thanks for your vote of confidence. I am willing to help out at the MOM. A little known fact: I have actually done public speaking before. Though I’m having trouble creating a talk on sleep disorders and mobile home investing. John already covered “Insomnia” in his archived post on another board.

Steve

Bernd,

Thanks for the suggestions. I also find the networking to be the best part of most seminars, etc. Once we settle on costs, I will come up with a “fee” to cover the same, likely $50-$99. Feedback on costs from prior hosts is welcome, public or private.

Dr. B,

MHP tenants and any other mental disorder would likely make for fertile ground!

Offer of help from all is welcome.

John,

I heard an ad on the radio this week. I believe the ad was for the Holiday Inn right off of 69 at the Coldwater exit. They have a special going on to get %50 off the rental of the conference room. The ad said something about January. It may have had to be booked by January. Even if we cannot get it booked by the end of the month, we still may be able to use the ad as a talking point in negotiations for a price. At least we would know that they may be negotiable. That location may be a good one for travelers as it is right off 69 and there is plenty of food and entertainment in that area.

Its been along time since I have been in that hotel, so I do not know the layout of its conference rooms. My dad and I used to go to baseball card shows there when I was a kid.

Let me know if there is any way I could help

Briton (IN)

I would be happy to share what little knowledge/experience we have.

Heck yeah, I’d definitely attend! This would be, by far, the closest to home RE event I will have ever attended. I’ll also offer my help in any way that I can be used.

Jeff

johnhyre@ameritech.net wrote:

Was kibbitzing around a bit, thought about hosting MOM in Ft.

Wayne, Indiana, within 30 minutes of two of our little 25-unit

parks, right around September. Object would be to break even

on meeting room and vans/bus. Is anyone interested or am I on

crack, “both” is not an acceptable answer! Some guidance from

prior hosts would be appreciated, as well as potential

speakers.

the last few meets have had 90-120 peeps there. The largest was at Karl Warner’s park outside of Daytona and had well over 120 people there the first day when we toured Park.

The most expensive one to me was in Sebring and cost me over 2.5K with lunch paid for and 11 rooms rented (and one 276 dollar long distance phone bill from a “free” room LOL).

The last MOM I co hosted was in Athens and cost +/- 2K or about $20 per person.

It was my very real honor to host 8 of these meetings and myself and two other investors always provide rooms, fuel, cash to folks unable to attend due to lack of funds.

Kind of mean really to take away a procrastinator’s last excuse…“I got no money” LOL

This started as a “Florida Only” investors meet. We have unique problems (opportunuties) here. As I bet each of you do at your home base.

What a GREAT idea!

Greg

Post Edited (01-27-09 12:46)

About 95% sure id be in depending on the set date…i live NE of Indy so id be driving back each day more than likely but sounds like a good idea!