Maintenance Man

Could not find much on this subject in the archives. What kind of insurance is necessary to have in case a independent maintenance man (not salaried) gets hurt working for us on our property? Almost none of these workers has any insurance themselves; we use some of our own residents sometimes. Do we need some kind of workers comp insurance policy that would cover them if hurt?