Landlord advice: Hot tub?

L/H tenant of four months calls me and asks if he can pour a slab to

install a hot tub.

This is a good tenant, solid family, great screening, great short

history so far. The property is fenced, and I am insured for liability.

As I think about this, I really don’t see anything that would hurt;

completely his risk and expense, using licensed contractors for the

cement and the electrical . . . the only issue is that it is a double-

wide manufactured home, pit set and backfilled against plywood

skirting, and placement of the slab is to be close to the house.

Backfill was in March, so there could a concern for possible settling

that would affect his slab, and his water tonnage.

Placement location of the slab is acceptable, and if/when they

eventually move out, he offered to remove it, or let it stay (BBQ

patio - perfect!)

Shoot holes in this please.

I love to see new folks take pride in ownership and add sheds, slabs,garages, landscaping. They are making a mobile on land their home and will probably be there for awhile.

One concern is if they ever decide to screen this in or place a roof over it, is be careful about attaching to the mobile home. If the slab does settle, it could affect your mobile roofline where they attach ledger for rafters.

Another use of slabs if they ever do vacate is to place walls and roof and make this the laundry room. This takes one of the water leak sources(and torn lino) outside the home, which is always welcome. We are looking at a 26 space Park where every unit has this laundry shed outside…I love it and it makes moving washers and dryers a snap.

Sounds like a good owner to me Steve, does he have relatives in Florida?

greg

Hi everyone , I’m a complete newbie here so hope I’m in the right place !
I’m hoping for advice how I might heat a lazy spa monaco hottub in a quicker , more economical and greener way . The tub has its own stand alone egg-like water heater that draws the water out the tub through a filter , heats it with a 2kw electric element and pumps it back into the tub . With a 1500L capacity it takes around an hour to raise the water temp 1.5C . My tub is set up at my holiday beach house in St Bees , Cumbria and although a stunning location I don’t think solar energy is going to be efficient .The tub is set up outdoors on a seafront deck for the spring to late summer , it retains heat pretty well once heated but would greatly benefit from being brought up to its max temp of 40C quicker as sometimes it not used for say 10 days at a time and would generally need heating all day or overnight from it’s unheated state. My initial thoughts are :- as the filtration aspect of the hottub is already being taken care of via “the egg” I could simply draw water out the top of the tub via a low LPM pump , through a heating coil and dump it straight back into the tub . I WAS thinking copper tube wrapped round a chiminea but on further investigation discovered rocket stoves and I’m now exploring building a smaller brick (?) rocket stove with some kind of metal loop heat exchanger attached to flexible hose might be viable ?
I would be delighted if any budding water heating engineers out there might offer me some guidance on how to develop this idea .
If there is a better , alternate way to achieve my goals I’d love to know . I’d like to hear any specifics or suggestions for heat exchange devices , pumps , stoves - wood powered or different fuels , complete system designs etc etc . I’ll consider commercial or bespoke parts and designs and even full commercial systems such as air source heat pumps - the key being they would have to be adapted to suit the water/filtration route I’ve decribed above . I’d greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction for further helpful information .
I’d love to correspond with anyone who could help and let them try out any successful design I build if they are ever on the beautiful lake district coast !!

This is a mobile home park investors forum not a hot tub advice forum. Perhaps a pool and spa dealership can provide guidance.

When I have a tenant request permission for a hot tub I have a few requirements. First home owner must inform their insurance company and have coverage. Second the tub must be shielded from the front of the home. Other tenants must not be able to see it as they walk by on the road. Usually a privacy screen is adequate shielding. It must also have a lockable cover.