Is it legal for a mobile home park Owner to force you move a mobile home so a larger mobile home can be put there in its place?

I live in a Mobile Home Park in PA that is being sold and the new owners, wants to have double wide mobile homes only in this mobile home and virtually of them are single wide. Is it legal for the owner for force you to move your mobile home so a double wide can be put there?

The new owner(s) will be giving the option to people who own a single wide mobile home to sell it and have a double wide put in its place, or move out of the trailer park if you refuse to buy and move into a a double wide.

The option for people who rent is basically the same , except for not owning the mobile home.

The new owners of this mobile home park has already started drama with most people in this park , especially since most owners and renters of this park are disabled and / or retired and can’t afford to move or buy a double wide mobile home. Also another thing is a few of these single wides in this park are already basically brand new mobile homes or at least only a few years old, or there are people who have just moved there single wide into this park.

It would be best for you to get legal advice in Pa. not an online forum. Good luck.

1 Like

Isn’t that a bit harsh of a response? Others, especially newbie investors / owners that have posted legal questions here over time, have not gotten such a curt answer.

Not a curt answer. A realistic one. Advice from someone on the east or west coast is of no use for a resident in Pa. Seek local state legal advice. Sounds like a major move is at stake. None of us know details to offer advice.

JAY-E is right in this situation. It is not advisable to take legal advice from a forum.

Of course I agree that you need to seek local legal advice, but in general I have found that the land owner can generally force a tenant to move. The process would be to provide notice to not renew the lease at termination. If the tenant still remains after termination, you file eviction on the tenant. The Sheriff sets them out, then you claim possession of the home using the state’s abandoned home laws. At that point, you sell the home or destroy it. It is time consuming, but relatively simple.

A more practical and easier approach is to negotiate a deal with the tenant to avoid the eviction.