Interior Painting Cost

Hello,

What are people paying to have the inside of a mobile home painted professionally these days (Labor Cost). Home is a 16x66 singlewide. Light color beige paint is currently on walls. Holes are repaired already.

Thank you

I priced kilz and paint for the interior of a double wide recently, just the primer and paint was around $500 (15gal). Then there’s the other materials and labor.

Thank you. I should have specified labor cost and I have made the correction to my original post

We charge around $2k for walls paint, all cost.

That includes basic batten and trim repair/replace, holes and previous home-made repairs (not larger than a baseball.

Includes removal of all blinds, closet or laundry shelves, removal and reinstall interior storm windows, every wall light and faceplate.

Also includes caulking every trim and batten, and normal-wear doors and windows jambs repairs.

If the home has the original vinyl covered sheetrock, we apply products to allow the surface to hold the paint.

If the home has a strong cigar or pet odor, we apply also oil based primer.

2 Likes

I pay $1k for a quick spray job. I buy the paint.

2 Likes

I think @AlejandroRiera 's price is fair, especially given the attention to detail and all the extras. Most painter’s I have worked with dont do all those things. At surface, it appears high for a 16x66 SW (smaller sq footage), but if reliable it may make sense.

I know prices today (both labor and mat) are all over the place. With people not wanting to work, it can be a challenge if you try to go to cheap. Increases the “no show” rate, and encourages them to dump you for higher paying jobs. Both scenerios = lost time and money for you.

I’ve found myself overpaying folks in the past 12 months. As a result, much of the time I’ve gotten better, more reliable workers. Now that I’ve been long-winded, my answer here for labor costs only on a 1000 sq ft home would be $1,250 to 1,600. Factors that would move the needle would be # of coats, having to move/cover furniture, or other factors that would eat up painter’s time.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m also currently considering renovating and decorating the interior walls of my house. I’m faced with the dilemma of choosing the right products for painting, and I feel a bit lost. I have come across a paint online that seems promising, but before making a decision, I would like to explore other options to ensure I choose the best one. I would greatly appreciate any advice on recommended paint brands and user-friendly products that deliver high-quality results. Thank you in advance for your valuable assistance!

Do you have a Charge Sheet for your property? A list of everything you order including labor. This spread sheet should be updated every year at a minimum. It also make s sure you always by the exact same replacment items for each unit. We bought a lot of stuff from HD Supply (Home Depot). I could send you an old one of mine if you need an example.