JOB TITLE: OPERATIONS IMPROVER - DIRECTOR
DESCRIPTION: This position will oversee and perform the management and operations for community management tasks, budgeting, documentation, and improvement for an established manufactured housing community operator. All properties are in Texas. The candidate’s time will involve ½ of their time on oversight(auditing) tasks and ½ their time on operational improvement projects. Ability to audit and develop budget and organizational improvements.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND QUALITIES:
• Commercial (such as shopping centers/apartments/RV parks/MHPs) real estate financial analysis
• Successful management and business development track record with references.
• Demonstrated ability of making organizational development improvements
• Accounting and/or real estate management software experience (such as Rent Manager)
• Must be a detail-oriented team player with ability to overcome any obstacles, research information as needed and follow up on EVERYTHING. Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Located in Texas is a plus, but not a requirement.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SALARY:
• 50K – 70K based on track record.
• Work from home, quarterly or bi-annual travel to visit properties.
• Benefits: Medical benefits are factored into the salary – for employee to choose and self-manage
• Standard working hours Monday – Friday business hours with paid time off
• Availability to work on an emergency during off-hours (rare occurrence)
• Auditing, reporting, and improvement for rent comparables, lots, homes and other assets, home sales, billing, resident experience, utility billing, collections, scanned mail, all organizational documents (such as licenses, leases, addendum, sales docs, etc), training, and industry requirements.
• Executing the company’s training, standard operating procedures, and policies
• Use Asana (collaboration tool) to manage ongoing tasks with staff
• Oversight and management of any recruitment and team development issues
• Updating, auditing, and improving P&Ls, balance sheets, chart of accounts, financial reports for bank, vendor and resident ledgers, online payments, target budgets, utility billback, capital expenditures program, and expenses.
• Manage Payroll, reimbursements, 1099 reporting, and other needed payroll reporting
• Manage and protest property taxes
• Updating the company’s notices, training, operating procedures, and policies per industry standards. Examples of notices: Create & Edit Welcome Letter, OG Reg Forms, Lot Lease, Home Lease, RCA, Rules, Lease Addendums, App & Reg, Pet App & Reg, Auto-Pay Form, MH Bill of Sale, MH Deposit Agreement, Resident Home Listing, Tour & Leads Trackers, Rule Notices, Letterhead, Purchasing HRC, Skirting/Paint/Moving Programs, & Legal Notices.
• Transfer and update registration as needed for assets (including home transfers)
• Manage and track home payoff information for home sales
• Monitoring reputation – online reviews. Marketing assets.
• Benchmarked weekly, monthly, quarterly reports as needed of completed activities.
• Budget vs actual and auditing for accuracy of reporting
• Submit resume. Clear background check, valid driver’s license, and good driving record
• We will be impressed by your attention to detail if you have questions for us. Please email us if you are interested in this position and if you would like to ask questions to make sure it is a good fit. Note, we don’t want to waste your time if this is not a great fit!
• Submit your interest by November 10th. Zoom Interview will be scheduled during the 3rd week of November.