In Grateful Memory

For just this one day a year, we officially remember all who gave the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our freedom to be what we are, who we are, where we are, the greatest country in the world.

For every day of every year, I unofficially remember with gratitude these fallen, those who survived and lived the remainder of their full life, those who have served and are with us still, and especially those who are grunting it out right now against enemies, both foreign and domestic.

Oo-ra.

I encourage you to do the same.

As a veteran who had the privilege to serve for 20 years, I salute those who risk their lives every day to preserve the freedoms we have in this country. We need to also remember the families of service men and women who sacrifice right along with them.

We are blessed in so many ways in this country because of people who have died or are willing to die. These people are my heroes. The next time you see a young man or woman in uniform why not take the time to tell them how much you appreciate their service? It won’t cost you a dime, but easily could be the best investment you ever made.

Steve