Hurricane Matthew...Category 1...Landfall...South Carolina...50 Miles East Of MHP

HURRICANE MATTHEW:

Our Turn-around Mobile Home Park is located in:

• North Charleston, South Carolina

Hurricane Matthew made landfall Saturday, October 8, 2016 near McClellanville, South Carolina (which is about 50 miles east of North Charleston, SC).

When Hurricane Matthew made landfall it was a Category 1 Hurricane with sustained winds of 75 miles per hour.

On Sunday we went to the North Charleston MHP to assess the situation.

We had prayed that God would protect our Tenants, their homes and their property.

We thank God for answered prayers!!!

All the Tenants at the MHP were safe and sound.

In addition the Tenants homes and their property were not damaged.

Thankfully, 1/3 of the Tenants even had their power back on.

On Sunday we went around with a Cell Phone to help our Tenants report online that their power was out.

On Sunday I also called the Electric Company to report that we owned the MHP and that 22 Homes did not have power.

I thought it was interesting when the Electric Company Employee said that it might take a while to restore power because of the “remote nature of the MHP”.

Hmmm…the “remote nature of the MHP”?

There is a Hospital, University, Starbucks, Wendys, Dunkin Donuts, Zaxbys, Sonic and Arbys right down the road. “Remote”…not sure of her definition of “remote” :slight_smile:

Thankfully, the Electric Company was able to restore power to our remaining Tenants yesterday!

We thank God for His Protection!!!

However, we continue to pray for those who suffered loss as a result of Hurricane Matthew.

2 Likes

Great news Kristin! That’s wonderful. “He who honors me, I shall honor him.”

Call if you need me.

1 Like

@KurtKelley, thank you for your comment!

Yes, we would love to switch over to you :slight_smile: .

We just need to fill out the paperwork.

Kurt, thank you so very much for all your help!

1 Like