How to find an experienced MHP realtor in my area?

Looking for a realtor that specializies in selling MHP’s. Where to search?

Hop on here or loop net and search your area to see who has listed a park there.

CharlesD,
That’s exactly what I tried but no calls back yet. But even some of those are clueless on pricing MHP’s … trust me on that one.

Listen to this: An Interview With Joanne Stevens, A Mobile Home Park Broker - Mobile Home University

1 Like

bbhou,

This is honestly not surprising at all. I’ve gotten so fed up dealing with MHP specific brokers that my partner and I came up with a different strategy that I think works better.

Step 1: Get a list of parks that meet your criteria in a geographical area

Step 2: Interview a few brokers (not specific to MHP) My favorite ones are the deep rooted local guys who seem to list anything and everything.

Step 3: Select the broker you feel best about who is genuinely excited to work with you.

Step 4: Give them the list of pre-vetted parks

Step 5: Follow up with your new broker buddy on a regular schedule

This has worked well for us as a bandaid to getting pocket listings. We’ve found that a lot of these local brokers have known the Mom & Pop park owners for years and they really seem to get the job done when we want to get the foot in the door with some of these owners.

1 Like

@bbhou , as per your post:

• “How to find an experienced MHP realtor in my area?”

I am a Licensed SC Real Estate Broker-In-Charge and Realtor.

I am sorry that you have not received call backs from Realtors and that some Realtors are not knowledgeable concerning pricing MHPs.

I like @CharlesD 's advise:

• “Step 1: Get a list of parks that meet your criteria in a geographical area”
  • “Step 2: Interview a few brokers (not specific to MHP) My favorite ones are the deep rooted local guys who seem to list anything and everything.”
  • “Step 3: Select the broker you feel best about who is genuinely excited to work with you.”
  • “Step 4: Give them the list of pre-vetted parks”
  • “Step 5: Follow up with your new broker buddy on a regular schedule”

@CharlesD 's advise is fantastic.

You need a Broker who is genuinely excited to work with you who also knows the people and the area.

You might have to train the Broker a bit on MHPs, but if you are knowledgeable enough that should not be an issue.

We wish you the very best!