How does a mobile home get replaced?

Hey ya’ll i know very little about mobile homes but my grandmother lives in a double wide in a nice community park in the San Francisco area. Her home is falling apart and I’m thinking of just getting her a new one but i have no idea we’re to start. How do i get quotes? Is this type of thing localized? And does anyone have a rough estimate of what a 3bedroom 2bath 1,000 sqft would cost me?
Any information is help, and thanks in advance

Find a local manufactured home dealer. They can typically guide you thru the process of replacing a home. And of course they can tell you what a new home is going to cost as well.

1 Like

Talk to the park manager and let them know what you want to do. They may have resources for you. They may also have a rental for your grandmother to live in temporarily.

I’m pretty sure there is a dealer in Santa Rosa, I recall seeing them when I was driving on 101.

1 Like

There is a Clayton dealer in Santa Rosa that has models available for you to view. You should be able to locate a dealer close to where your grandma lives.

$150,000 would be an approximate budget to start. That would include space improvements, transport, setup, skirting, accessories & taxes.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for giving me a good starting point

One more detail would be asking whom ever you are considering purchasing from, the time line to get it to the park and if they are including permits and set up and transportation in the cost, some do some don’t and some will line item it or have referrals to companies they have worked with to do the extra steps.

1 Like