How do I enforce park fees?

Hey Guys,

I was wondering how you all enforce your park fees. For instance we charge $10 for dogs that are off a leash and $25 for residents that leave trash and debris outside their home.

The way we enforce it is by requiring all fees are paid with the lot rent at the beginning of the month or we return their payment. What do you all think of this? What do you all do?

Thanks!

Returning the payment with a warning letter is a good first step. Step two is a warning of eviction if it happens again and final step is a eviction notice or termination of lease notice. You can always back up on the final step but only once. If they fail to pay again you terminate the lease and make sure the entire community is aware of your actions so that no one else makes the same mistake. All residents must know that you are 100% committed to enforce all rules. Accept no excuses, if you show leniency tenants will gladly walk all over you.

1 Like

Make it part of your lease and raise the fees were they’ll hurt and the tenants will stop breaking the rules. We charge a $100 for parking in the grass. After a couple times word gets around and we collect none today beside they don’t park on the grass. $10-$25 causes you grief and work

My lease says all rents received go towards paying off all older balances owed first including utilities, fees, etc, then is applied to current rent. So if they owe a $10 water bill or mowing bill the rent they send pays that off then goes towards current rent and they are $10 short on rent and you can go from there with late fees or eviction. Is it legal, I hope so but don’t know.