Electrical Pedestal Replacement

I am looking at a park that will need to have its electric pedestals replaced. Looking for a ballpark price to replace a pedestal. Thanks

That is probably a huge job. To really know how to do this you need to understand code and the layout of the lines.

So-

How many?

How far from the transformer?

Can you use the old transformer or do you need a new one? Who Pays?

How many amps to each home? How long is each run? How deep? Conduit or UF?

Are you talking underground?? If not-

Code? Do you have and dead drop codes of new overhead lines?

** ps- that last point should really get your attn if code will not allow you to go overhead again**

How many homes are fed off of each riser?

big question- do you need to re-power each home?

We did a 40 pad park, overhead, and ran new feed lines to every home in the park. Each drop powered 4 homes- and the cost was about 2,100 per home. We pulled conduit to every home, no UF.

If we went underground for the entire project- I am guessing it would have cost between 3,500 and 4,500 per home, depending on transformer placement and cost.

In short- it is painful.

Now if your just replacing power poles, or power load centers that feed homes, figure $500 or so per home.

1 Like

Jim, Thanks for the great info!

If it’s just changing out to new pedestals we did a project where we did that plus added mini-meters and remote reading system to bill back power to part time winter RV visitors that ran about $1000/space. Was in California too so that made it run higher in cost than most of the rest of the US.

I appreciate your help! Thanks!! Bob