Children's swimming pools - do you allow them at all?

Our lease says no swimming pools (or swing sets, basketball nets, etc). But I thought I heard on this forum of owners allowing children’s pools, but they must be emptied every night. So we have been allowing them if they are emptied each night and residents have been complying.

Do the owners here allow pools at all? By the way there are no public pools in the area and it’s been in the mid-90s lately.

When I first purchased my community one resident had a pool. There had been numerious noise complaints. We sited insurance reasons and had them remove it. No pools allowed. We are a adult only community so no other equipment issues.

1 Like

My insurance guidelines are that they may have pools with less than 6” of water so that is what’s in our rules. Our parks on well water also say no kiddie pools during times of draught (which has been a lot lately!)

2 Likes

We allow kiddy pools, but they cannot just keep them out there when they are not using them.

So they have to fill them with water, use them, then empty them and put them in storage until the next use.

Drownings can be an issue, so can standing water with the Health Dept because they are a breeding place for mosquitoes.

2 Likes

No to any pool, as it is a liability and not worth the risk. Plus insurance doesn’t like them. Just not worth it, so we tell everyone no and fine them if they fail to comply.