Business card logos for MH park

I’m putting cards around town on cork boards and other advertising areas for MH spaces and RV spaces.

I’m not a marketing guy so help me out on what appeals to a low-income tenant. What would a good logo look like or copy on the business card?

A primary side effect of growing up low income is poor cognitive skills. To appeal to low income tenants it must be simple and recognisable.
The most recognisable/appealing items to low income tenants are beer bottle labels, cigarette packs and lottery tickets. You may find guidance from those marketing logos.

Greg, I think that is about as far from the truth as it could possibly be. Hopefully, this was just a very poor attempt at some sort of bad joke because I think most of us can testify that the vast majority of park tenants do not fit the mold you describe. Also, it’s recognizable, not recognisable.

@parkinvestor, I like your idea and I think a business card that is nice, clean, and professional may be just fine. You may also do a full sized letter ad with little phone numbers you can tear off at the bottom. If you can, be sure to use a different phone number so you can track the call volume from each form of advertising you do. We use grasshopper so everything always forwards to the main park phone and we can track the call volume for each forwarded number on grasshopper’s website. This will help you down the road when allocating time and money to different forms of advertising.

1 Like

No joke, read the studies, the truth is that being raised in a low income family environment has a direct coloration with poor child development. Cognitive skills being a common impairity. Studies also show a direct coloration between income and intellect in the majority of cases. I do not see how anyone would question this reality.

Regardless the suggested logos may be a stereo typing on my part but non the less they are easily recognisable and may be a start point for the OP.

(recognizable is the British spelling)

I guess I can see what you were going for now that I re-read it. It did come across some what stereotypical though. In any event, most of our tenants want to live in a community that is clean and managed well. So, all of our logos suggest that we are a professional organization. I think if you stick with looking and acting professional (rather than trying to tap into some form of suggestive or subliminal marketing) you’ll attract the right types of tenants.

Trying to reach the low income people–why??? Try reaching the next class up or buy nicer parks that attract the middle class. Just sold a +3 class park that original cost what similar to much lower parks and am making an offer on a very upscale park. Be a very picky buyer and when sale time comes you will be greatly rewarded. By the way our park was on wells and septic and sold for an approximate 9 cap. Greg’s comments are right on from our experience.

Targeting higher income tenants first requires up grading the community otherwise you will not get any one except low income.
To attract anyone other than low income to begin you must clear the park of all residents on any form of social assistance. Low income tenants do not have any issues with those on assistance but as you move up the income scale social attitudes change considerably. The general social attitudes of those on assistance will not fit with a middle to lower middle income community and will prevent upgrading.

A simple sheet of paper with tear-off name/numbers at the bottom. Get these up at laundromats, grocery stores, and churches.

To your continued success,

-jl-