I’m considering buying a 1996 2BR/2BA 16x70 home for $10,000 from a dealer - btw, that price includes delivery and setup into my park(!) Sounds like a great deal, but there is one catch: the home has 4 - 6 small ‘quarter-sized’ patches of black mold on the flooring under the carpet. The dealer says he’ll send samples to the local Health Department for analysis, but does not know much about it other than his boss has directed him to get rid of the home for cash.
So is this stuff ‘radio-active?’ Should I run from the home, or is this as simple as just putting down some Kilz and re-laying the same carpet? How does one deal with black mold?
P.S. Happy '08 everyone!