Best Water Meters To Use

I am curious what everyone considers to be the best water meters to use in a park. I’m looking for the best Reliability, Accuracy, Ease of Use, etc. Not looking for the cheapest, I need the best. I recently got an email from @frankrolfe about water meters he recommended (wasn’t Metron). I can’t find the email now, but I’d really like to know what he uses in his portfolio of parks. Thanks in advance

Regarding the best sub-meters for your MHP:

There is no one meter that is ideal for every application, however the following criteria should be considered.

• The meters should meet AWA Standards, basically a municipal rated meter.

• Meter should be rated for vertical and/or horizontal installation. Dependent on your installation.

• Will the meters be read manually or by Radio Frequency (RF) retrieval? (Consider the desires of the “next” owner)

• Depending on your RF meter reading either a pulse output (typical) or encoder (more accurate & expensive).

• A RF meter should have a battery life of 7 to 10 years, and easily replaceable.

• A RF transceiver should be rated for waterproof/ exterior (which is more expensive than interior).

• Manual read or RF data retrieval via in house or third-party billing (utilizing non-proprietary technology)

While many meter brands are compatible to different RF technologies, some are better fit than others.

Also, foremost consideration: Your excepted time commitment handling the sub-metering, billing, and regulatory requirements or hiring an expert third-party sub-metering service committed to small to mid-size MHPs.

The above is just a cursory survey and your specifics should be fully reviewed.

*“We’re here to answer your sub-metering questions.”*

3 Likes