Anyone here have any experience with retro fitting a land lease community with fiber optic so as to create an additional income stream from ground telephone system, security systems, cable TV, and internet access?
Here are some things I would like to know:
- Is it cost feasible?
- What kind of start up costs?
- How much per pad?
- What is the minimum number of pads for consideration?
- Any problems with existing providers?
- Any problems with regulators?
- Who are the reputable suppliers?
- Are there reliable and expert consultancies on this?
I did this years ago when developing brand new communities, but things have probably changed and now I’m considering doing it in an existing community, so everything is somewhat different. I would be grateful for any serious feedback from anyone who has attempted to, or has accomplished this.