Alarm on well pump

Has anybody installed some kind of alarm that would let you know if a pump stops working? What are these called, who makes them, and how much do they cost?

We are under contract on a park with well water, and in addition to all the inspections it would make me feel good to know that I would know as soon as the pump needs to be replaced so that we can react.

Thanks!

1 Like

I own two parks with well water. One has a brand new setup with full telemetry I can pull up on the web portal. The other doesn’t have anything - my operator takes voltage measurements to try and determine when the pumps need replacing, but otherwise we respond if we get a no water call. All depends on how much you want to spend on the front end and as recurring costs.

1 Like

Would you be able to tell me what set up you have at your park with full telemetry? I have a park that has a well and I am looking to upgrade it.
Thanks,

Neptune meters (3 wells, each has its own, plus one for back flushing) tied into a central command center (brand name is slipping my mind) hooked to a network router (satellite) from Generating Solutions. Let’s myself and our operator get real time data, alarms, etc. I didn’t install it so I’m not sure on price….

Thank you for the information.