Accounting - Yipes!

Hey All,

Can anyone recommend a simple and easy accounting software program? I looked at Frank & Dave’s suggestion and it looked too complicated for me. I have ADD and need to keep things simple. Thanks much.

We use- John Hyre’s system, The KISS guide to book keeping. It is very easy to follow.

www.realestatetaxlaw.com

I have used his stuff for maybe- 8 years now.

Quickbooks simple start or maybe Quicken Rental Property manager. Both simple programs.

If you have ADD, I would recommend just paying a bookkeeper to take your receipts to on a monthly basis just like Frank did when he started out. The cost is pretty reasonable ($30/hr). It can be time consuming if you haven’t done it before.

We use Rent Manager and it will generate a P & L, balance sheet and many different types of reports, as well as of course keeping track of your rent roll, collections, etc. Quickbooks will work but does not handle the rent roll aspect as well since it is a general business software program. One drawback with RM is that it does not handle payroll, which QB will do.

Bret

We use a virtual assistant from the Philipines for all our bookkeeping. She is not a licensed bookkeeper but knows enough about quickbooks to do all the data entry. If she has any questions during the month, I can ask our accountant. The system works very well and at $3 hr, it is a lot cheaper than a bookkeeper in the U.S.

steven Wrote:

We use a virtual assistant from the Philipines for

all our bookkeeping. She is not a licensed

bookkeeper but knows enough about quickbooks to do

all the data entry. If she has any questions

during the month, I can ask our accountant. The

system works very well and at $3 hr, it is a lot

cheaper than a bookkeeper in the U.S.

Please tell me how you found this book keeper?

I find all of my VA’s through odesk. It has very good software to make sure they are working and lets you get multiple bids on a job.

I went through this company. They are basically a headhunter in the Phillipines. They charge a one time fee and guarantee 6 months worth of work. So if you get a VA and they quit after a few months, they will get you a new one at no additional charge. Ive had my VA for over a year now and she is fantastic.

John C. Kehrli

Virtual Telecare Inc.

Office: 425-605-8895 (US)

thanks Steven will call them tomorrow. I have never hired a bookkeeper or accountant for that matter.

Could you break down the process on what exactly this person duties consist of?

you can have them consist of whatever you want. I have mine, take the bank statements each month and enter everything into quickbooks. The first couple of months I had to spend some time showing her exactly what to do, now I just review it when shes done, make a couple of corrections at most and then were done. If she has a question I cant answer I will go to my accountant. Im also starting to have her do some payroll and a few other clerical things. Its just a matter of showing them exactly what to do and they can take it from there.

There are many accounting software’s available in market try trial package and choose what is more suitable for you. I personally suggest Quick books its good software for book keeping.

steven Wrote:

We use a virtual assistant from the Philipines for

all our bookkeeping. She is not a licensed

bookkeeper but knows enough about quickbooks to do

all the data entry. If she has any questions

during the month, I can ask our accountant. The

system works very well and at $3 hr, it is a lot

cheaper than a bookkeeper in the U.S.

How do you address the concerns of bank account numbers etc in this type of setup?