Abandoned TOH - How to Handle

We have a home in our park (Park owns all but 3 units in park) that is owned by the tenet. Said tenet has completely abandoned the unit. It has been sitting unoccupied and unmaintained for several years. As such the unit is in terrible shape and may even be a hazard to the community. Does anyone have experience with this type of situation. I am guessing I’ll have to get a lawyer involved but wanted to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

What state? Every one has their own process. Or, if you’re feeling lucky you can just stuff it in a dumpster and move forward (not legal advice)

You need to go through the abandonment process. There’s a company called Snick Fish that can help you with that. After you get title, it’s your home to do what you want with it.

I renovated a home that was abandoned for a few years without getting title. It had been abandoned back when a previous owner had it. After renovations were finished, that tenant showed back up and created a big mess. Do yourself a favor and get the title first.

If you destroy the home without owning (regardless of circumstances) what’s stopping someone from bringing a criminal action against you? Good chance someone in that park knows the person who used to live in that home.