Why is so hard to find a management position?

I have literally applied to at least 200 ads for a park manager, from Craigslist, Indeed, Monster, Workpop, and every other online site I could find. I have experience, a degree in computers, and am a loyal and honest employee.

The trend also seems to be leaning towards management teams only. For some reason owners and management companies feel that a couple is the best fit so the wife can do the office work and the husband can do the maintenance, security, etc, type work. Do I have to get married to find a position somewhere?

My office skills are unmatched, I’ve always been able to keep a high occupancy rate, I’ve even had to train other managers and my own supervisors. I can even handle some maintenance work. I’m the type of manager that owners dream of, but it doesn’t really show in my resume, so they don’t give me a chance.

The last position I was considered for, they told me I was perfect for the job, was everything they wanted in a manager except that I wasn’t a team, and they only wanted a couple.

Property management is my passion, I love the work, I’m good at it, and it’s what I want to do. But if I can’t find a position after so much searching is it time to consider another career?

Were are you located ? I am just wondering because I am in the process of trying to secure a 52 lot park and the investor may need someone to manage it … its located in central fl area … it is in the finishing stages of the land development and really all that’s left is the pads to be installed and a few other odds and ends …then its ready for lots to be leased … since they will be owner units …no real maintenance needed except lawn and things that would require a service call from a qualified professional . you can send me your resume if you are interested … be sure to include your salary requirements and if you require housing … my email is … short.term.investments1 at gmail dot com … not sure if they allow emails so i wrote it out …
look forward to hearing from you and ill certainly pass it along to my investment partner … God Speed…Michael

I’m in California. I’m willing to relocate but would like to stay out west, California, Nevada, Oregon, areas. But thanks for the consideration.

I’ve managed everything from low income mobiles in bad neighborhoods to a high end gated community of over 200 units.

Hi Dan, Did you find a job yet? I’m about to close on a small turn around park in Oregon. Feel free to email me your resume. info at govalleyestates dot com

I am in process of getting a few parks. Let me know if you are still looking.

PM me

Hi Dan - PM me, I am looking for a manager.

Please contact me at steve@ansoproperties.com