Where are the extremely high lot rents?

Hi gang,

There are lot rents below $200 in Kansas, Alabama, Mississippi, some parts of Texas, lots of the south. I’m curious, what are the top ten metros where the lot rents are consistently above $500?

You guys are great, thanks for the consistent solid info. Will

Malibu, CA.lot rent has to be at least 3k.the worst homes sell for 500k,the fancy new ones go for 1.5 m and up.this is where Jim Rockford lived in the t.v. show,the famous paradise cove

1 Like

My friend Taylor has a great story about spending a day partying at Paradise Cove with Matthew Mcconaughey. There were three of them, driving in a golf cart with their shirts off, and they pulled up to a little BBQ in one of the mobile homes. This guy came to the door and said, sorry boys we’re just finishing the party. His wife peered out from behind him and said, “No we’re not!”

I know about places like Malibu, Portland, Aspen. I’m curious where are the high lot rents in areas that aren’t quite as “popular”. Will

Lot rents are 650-850 in Washington DC suburbs. There are only about 40 parks in the metro area though.

Here’s what we’ve been seeing in deals we’ve looked at over the past few months:

Washingtonville, NY (about 90-Min drive from Manhattan) - $875
Various Detroit suburbs (i.e. Novi, Farmington Hills, etc) - $500-550
Minneapolis - $550-600+
Plano/Frisco, TX - $550-600
Austin suburbs- $550-600
Salt Lake City - $500-$650

In addition to what has been mentioned, Chicago MSA are typically above 500, have seen all the way to 700 ( might be a couple that are even higher than that) .

$400 here in Gonzales Louisiana.

I have been in 3 different MHP with my current mobile residing in AZ. I have searched the area of Phoenix and surrounding areas and find the lowest $350 MO per lot. My current location is coming up on over $500. The mobile home park is detrimental to your health if you have any lung or breathing issues and excessive with pets. There are more pets than people no limit to size of pet. I would like to either sell my mobile (which I have maintained to the max) or relocate it).

Which was the park with the $350 lot rent?