Waterloo Biofilter

@PhillipMerrill and others - any views on this system?

I dont have any first hand experience with Waterloo Biofilters but the concept is an fixed film (attached growth) biological treatment process. This is a very common treatment design. They grow the bacteria on porous foam substrate, others use foam as well, and even plastic media but gravel and sand filters are the most common fixed film media in waste water treatment. The argument for the foam media is that surface area is very high and therefore the treatment system footprint can be reduced. I would be interested to know what the price for a 10,000 gallon per day system (50 to 75 pad community) would be. I know that orenco which has a foam based fixed film treatment system is generally more expensive than a conventional package plant.

1 Like

Thanks! The way they were describing seemed closer to septic but it sounds like that’s not really the case. This is a 40 lot park. Apparently was approx $30k (not sure how many gal yet).

1 Like

They probably treat and then dispose it via drainfields. So it becomes very close to a septic system

1 Like