Transporting a home out of a park

Hello all,

I just bought a mobile home that is currently in a mobile home park. I have just received the mobile home transfer permit and moving permit from the county. I have a transporter. And I would like to move the home into my mobile home park now. But the park manager at the MHP where it’s at right now won’t let me move the mobile home from there to bring it into my MHP because she said there’s thousands of dollars of unpaid lot rent from the prior tenants, which is not my problem and I didn’t have anything to do with.

With that said how do I move my home that I just bought out of this MHP and bring it to mine?

Turn it over to your lawyer to resolve.

It is your problem because you didn’t check with them prior to purchase… The MHP will never collect their money if that home leaves the park. They made it your problem, and now that they’re aware are probably filing a lien against the title - even though the sellers probably lied on legal documentation saying there were no debts and liens.

Hard lesson learned. I think your best bet will be to negotiate the past due rent to get it out of there. Otherwise the attorney will get that money, and the outcome is uncertain.

If I pay the past unpaid lot rents, get square, and get it in writing that we are now square, should I go that route instead of go the lawyer route (if it’s cheaper than getting an attorney)?

I’d pay $50 bucks for a consult with an attorney first to make sure I understood state laws and what the likely outcomes would be, and then make a decision from there. I do think negotiating might be your path of least resistance, but get more information to make an informed decision.

I can ask a lawyer if paying the unpaid lot rent and getting a written agreement from the park manager or landlord stating that after paying the unpaid past lot rents they will release me of any obligation of paying any more lot rent and fees, and give me the okay to transport out the mobile home. How does that sound?

The attorney may have a point of view based on the states legalities. Confirm what leverage you have to see if there are options to improve your position before you agree to pay the back lot rent. To me that’s worst case scenario. The attorney can help you work with the MHP on the documentation to formalize getting it out of there if you’re not comfortable doing that yourself.

I think @jhutson is correct… see an attorney and find out what your state laws are and then you can make a more informed decision.