Replacing park owned sewer and water lines

I have owned my park for about 4 years now. In that time, I have had a few septic line plugs from tree roots and have sprung a leak on the water supply side one time as well. The water lines are iron pipe and the sewer lines are clay tile type. Both the sewer lines and the water lines were installed in 1968, so they are 45+ years old already. I’m fearing that there condition is deteriorating and likely to just get worse with time. So far a roto rooter job has kept things from getting to bad, but sooner or later that may not work any longer.

I have also started doing my due diligence on another park that I am considering offering on. Same scenario, iron supply pipe and clay sewer lines installed in the late 60’s. Seller says no real problems, but a couple roto rooter calls each year, sometimes its tree roots, other times its baking grease causing the plug. I’m concerned the clay tile pipe may be deteriorating here too.

Is it feasibly possible to replace the sewer lines, and/or the supply water lines? It seems to me that anything is possible and this may be no different, however digging and working under the homes could be quite difficult and labor intensive meaning expensive as well. I’m just wondering if any of you had ever had to do anything like this at any of your properties before. And/or if you have any ideas on how to do this on the cheap?

-jl-

1 Like

@Jefferson Any recommendation how you can find Pipe Bursting contractor in your area? I am familiar with the technique but I am not able to find a contractor who can do it.