I listed a home for rent last week on facebook. I’ve received over 2,500 view and 300 messages but only 10 applications. I’m assuming my pricing is good because I’ve had so much interest but once people are presented with the requirements in the application they don’t proceed. I’m wondering if I’m being unreasonable with my rental criteria. (Also, those 10 applicants, I’m having a hard time confirming employment and/or rental history so have not found a viable candidate yet).
Below is what I list in the application…
- Gross Monthly Income Amount (can be combined with spouses verified income) = 3 Times Rent
- Must Be Able To Verify Income with last 2 paystubs
- Must be employed at your current place of work for at least 1 year.
- Must have 3 years prior Rental History. Family members do not qualify as rental history or landlords.
- NO misdemeanors in the last 10 years
- NO felonies ever
- NO Previous Evictions
- Maximum Number Of 2 pets Per Mobile Home/Lot
- UNDER 30 Pounds – At Full Maturity
- Each Approved Tenant Signs A pet agreement
- All adults over 18 in the household must apply/pass a background check
- All occupants must be listed in the application (children, family, partners, roommates, etc). If you do not list all occupants in the application you will automatically be denied.