Rent Control in Illinois?

The Illinois Manufactured Housing Association is currently fighting two bills in Illinois that would allow rent control law and regulations. We have stalled both bills temporarily.

We will be putting on a Lobby Day on March 14th in Springfield, Illinois where community owners will be given position papers and guided to a meeting with their state representative and senators. That evening we will be hosting our first ever Legislator Reception. Our Board of Directors will meet on March 15th which everyone is welcome to attend.

If you are interested in attending, register at the IMHA website or call Frank Bowman at the IMHA office for more information.

1 Like

Thanks for posting Ken. I was unaware of this .

Heres a link for anyone interested.

1 Like

The only thing I would correct in the article is that it was a group of lobbyists, but it was lead by the Legislative Committee of the Illinois Manufactured Housing Association. At the time I was a paid political advisor to the Governor who backed and signed the bill into law.

The point is not to brag, but to illustrate what a state association can accomplish if it is well supported by the industry. We are the ones leading the resistance to the two rent control bills now and we are gathering support from other interested parties, but it is critical that industry members step up with their efforts when asked. IMHA has kept the threat of rent control out of Illinois for over 20 years, and we intend to continue to do so.

Whatever state you operate in, you need to join and become active in that state association. We are all busy and taking time away from our businesses is both difficult and perhaps expensive, but if each one of us steps up when asked, it will be well worth the results.

2 Likes