Propane company

I bought a park about 6 years ago. It has about 11 leased tanks from one propane company. I guess I would expect mistake-free service from them, but we’ve had everything from them causing ~80 gallon leaks, to wanting to charge me to replace lines as “bad work” when they were lines they had just put in a year or to previous, to filling up incorrect tanks twice now.

The last time they filled a wrong tank, it was a POH and the tenant couldn’t write them a check for a full tank so they shut off the propane to the home. Neither the gas company nor the tenant told me. The tenant tried space heaters (I forget if I had that in my lease at that time, but it’s a lease violation now) but some interior pipes froze and burst. (Pex underneath was fine.) I had to evict the tenant since they couldn’t pay to get the heat turned back on.

They just did it again. Someone in the park called for propane and instead they put about half a tank in for another unit I owned. I strongly prefer to rent/sell in the summer with an empty tank. One less expense for tenants at move-in, but for now I’ll be getting a bill for propane I don’t want or need.

I’m not real familiar with what they can or can’t do (suck it back out?), but it seems in any other delivery situation this would be the gas company’s problem and not mine? Anyone have any experience with this?

Do you have the address or home number clearly marked on the tank to coincide with the homes? It can be confusing which tank a home belongs to if not… place it on the lid they have to lift to refill the tank.

We might go through with that anyway. The park is one street, with homes laid out at a right angle from the road, and the tank directly behind the home it serves. I wouldn’t think it would be that hard to figure out. This incorrect fill was across the street and up a few homes from where they were supposed to go.

We just got a call today from someone in the office asking where the tank was for the trailer they were supposed to fill on Friday.