POH Makeover Magic

I want to sell of my POHs. I’ve got some older ones like this 1978 Bonneville that are like a cave inside with that old dark paneling and Grandma’s drapes. I am not opposed to putting a money into it to freshen it up a little to help sell it off and perhaps get a better resident.

What do you guys do with such homes? Paint over the paneling? New vanity counter top and sink? Tile over the counter tops? New kitchen backsplash (have you seen those new plastic backsplash panels at Home Depot)?

What do you do for the best bang for the buck?

It comes down to how much the market will pay.
I would paint all the kitchen cabinets install a inexpensive back splash material and install new brushed nickel hardware.
Paint all the wall paneling. That will require a light sanding, priming with a kilz type primer and latex top coat. I would also paint the ceiling and ceiling beams
The bathroom I would gut, install a new porcelain tub and a vinyl surround. probably replace the cabinet if a paint and new hardware was not sufficient.
Floors, I would install click throughout except for the kitchen and bath. which would be linoleum.

Greg, what is click?

Lock and click laminate flooring. There are some PVC plank variations that are fully waterproof, and can be used throughout the entire home.

How do they compare price wise to carpet?

Fresh paint, new flooring, new plumbing fixtures and bath/showers. It might need a new breaker box too, among other things to be updated.