Phase 1 Company Recommendation

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Phase 1 Environmental Survey, other than Mike Renz? I already had him look at this property and the seller is requesting a second opinion to review the environmental report. Thanks in advance! !

Try finding/googling a local one.

2 Likes

Where is the property?

The park is in Illinois.

Have you asked Mike if he knows anyone else. He’s pretty helpful

1 Like

That’s a great idea. Mike is one of the most helpful guys around after all. Will do!

1 Like

Yeah, I ideally wanted to go with someone that someone else had some experience with and could vouch for before I went the “blind-dating” route with it.

Can I ask why the seller wants another Phase 1 done?

There was a gray area on the report and we were getting conflicting info as far as whether it was enough to call for a Phase II or not. For now, it looks like Mike Renz and googling has led to finding what we needed. I appreciate the input from everyone.

1 Like

Sounds like good news. Good luck on you dd!

I’d say another time have the other party find and hire his own expert. If you supply both experts, and he doesn’t like either of their opinions, you’ll be looking for a third, fourth, fifth expert.

I recommend you adopt the posture that he can either accept your expert or rebut him with his own.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a good call. In this case, I was trying to not be too much of a hardass on my approach since I had a good rapport going with the seller, but you make a good point.

1 Like

Hello, I’m an environmental consultant with nationwide coverage and am well versed in Phase I ESAs and other forms of environmental due diligence, and am happy to answer any and all questions!