PayLease Submetering and billing

I have a small park with 25 units and have been looking into submetering as my last water bill was outrageous. Some homes previously were submetered, some not.

I’m looking at using PayLease to subMeter it and also thought their payment program would work well for my cash paying residents.

I use Buildium now to manage my rentals and at $40 a month thought that I may just be able to run it all through PayLease to maintain my resident ledgers. Is anyone doing this? Will it calculate late fees and allow you to set recurring lot rent charges? Buildium allows online payments and customer portals, but no one has ever used it. They prefer to pay cash in person, but when they are traveling this can be difficult so being able to pay at Walmart would really help them.

I’m curious if after I put in the PayLease meters if I ever wanted to use another billing service if it could read these meter? The system uses MasterMeter. Thanks!

Hi,

How has been your experience with Buildium. We’re looking at either Buildium or Appfolio. RM looks a little complicated to set up and run. We have about 150 pads. How is the accounting like with buildium?

Any suggestions?

Nick

I use Rent Manager with PayLease and it is awesome. I just started but used it for the electric metering last month and it worked great. My residents can pay online or with the CashPay option they can pay at multiple local area locations. RM does late fees automatically and recurring billing automatically. I don’t use the accounting side of it since I have other companies that are all Intuit based for accounting but it all seems pretty basic and their initial training and setup was easy. They were very helpful. I also took their website package but do not have it online yet.
Note- PayLease will tell you they won’t take a client with less than a certain number of lots but they do if you combine it with RM.

1 Like