Operating a larger portfolio ie 400 lots plus

For those running larger portfolios . Maybe 400 and up ( though I think one important variable is how many properties/ managers etc).
What does your back end office look like ? Im guessing in more of these operations you are acting more as an asset manager. Is this your full time job at this point? Meaning its taking you 20 hours a week , 40 hours a week?

And to further shape this, I guess it really depends on the type of properties you are running, homes turning, vacant lots, prospecting new acquisitions . I can see potential variance on answers . If you havre a stabilized all TOH portfolio compromised of 2 parks thats completley different than 6 70 space parks. Throwing in different regions , whole other set of variables. And then I guess the capital piece will also have influence ie investor reporting if you have it?

Any insights from this level are appreciated. Or if you have traveled from this level and say built a multi thousand lot portfolio. Im assuming at this point you start to get the ability to have dedicated asset mgr, dedicated investor reporting etc. Things you might not get as sub 1000. I guess also another variable will be your capital in it ( or maybe not) . If you have a significant amount of capital , you may be generating great returns and covers all your bases. Versus a syndication with several partners, depending on how the splits are you might need to get to 2k lots ( arbitrary number for reference purpose) to make all the gears in the machine spin so they are self sustaining. If you aren’t wanting to post here, PM is fine should you have them time or insights to respond. Thanks in advance.

We have a 400 unit MHP in Michigan. My son manages the day to day and I do the accounting and paperwork. Takes an average of 20 hr a week for that. He’s working all the time. We have two maintenance staff that are kept busy all the time.

2 Likes

did you find what you needed on this? if the 400 units are all in one spot, its different than a portfolio. You need more ppl do to portfolio for location and time stuff. if this is still something to get answered, feel free to message me and I can show you how to get it sorted out :slight_smile: